January 9, 2016 minutes
– The meeting was called to order by President James Scott
– Past-President Ray DeVries led the pledges to the flags of The United States of America, The State of Texas, and the Sons of the American Revolution.
– Chaplain William Towery led our opening prayer.
– Secretary Rick Malley recognized and welcomed guests and members. It was good to see Past-President Don Bunnell with us.
– We were reminded of the joint DAR/SAR February meeting at the Women’s Club in Austin, in celebration of George Washington’s birthday. The cost for the event will be $25.00 per person
– Darren Hutchinson, Daryl Hutchinson, and Roger Leedy were inducted into the chapter by Historian Roger Gore, Registrar Henry Walden, and President Jim Scott.
– Minutes of the December 2015 meeting were approved.
– Knight Essay Scholarship entrant Bianca Ritter presented her essay “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness”.
– Treasurer Bill Freeman reported that we have $1952.50 in the treasury.
– President Scott reported that our colorguard went to the funeral of the “Hug Lady” Elizabeth Laird, in Killeen.
– Mr. DeVries reported that Operation Ancestry Search would meet on the upcoming Tuesday, and the following Wednesday.
– JROTC programs will begin in March.
– President-Elect Lane Redwine reported that the Sybil Luddington chapter of Children of The American Revolution is seeking for participants.
– Our Speaker, Ted Acheson, renowned Vietnam War cinematographer and active member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart, shared many of his unique experiences with us.
– Our recessional was led by Ray DeVries.
– Closing prayer by William Towery.