April 9, 2016 minutes
- President James Scott called the meeting to order.
- President Elect Lane Redwine led the pledges to the Flag of The United States Of America, The State Flag Of Texas, and The Sons Of The American Revolution.
- Opening prayer was led by Mike Nichols.
- Secretary Rick Malley introduced our guests.
- Registrar Harry Walden, Historian Roger Gore, and President James Scott inducted Arlo Fossum into the Society.
- The minutes from the January meeting were approved.
- District 4 Vice-President Ron Wolcik presented the chapter a Gold Star for our flag, and a certificate, on the occasion of sponsoring Bianca Ritter as the Knight Essay Winner. He also gave updates on information from the State Convention.
- President Scott did a brief presentation on Pachuli, Simmons And Associates, the oldest firm in Washington D.C.
- ROTC medals will be presented through mid-May.
- The chapter has approximately $1600.00 in the treasury.
- Ray DeVries told us that Operation Ancestry Search met on the Tuesday previous to the chapter meeting, and had a good turn out. Next gathering will be April 20.
- Mr. DeVries also told us that there would be a naturalization ceremony on the University of Texas campus on April 21.
- Mr. Redwine told us that Children Of the American Revolution has requested that we help with building their July 4 parade float, but at this time, that is above our capacity.
- Mr. Walden reported that Dan Stauffer is not in good health at the moment.
- Dr. Sally Hunt spoke about "Over Mountain Man, John Abston: Kings Mountain to Collin County, TX"
- Mr. Redwine presented her with a copy of the United States Constitution as a memento of her visit.
- Mike Nichols led the closing prayer.
- Lane Redwine led the SAR recessional.