Alexander Hamilton #66
October 8, 2016
– Call To Order by President James Scott
– Pledges to the flags of The United States Of America, The State of Texas, and the Sons of The American Revolution were led by Lane Redwine
– Opening prayer led by Mike Nichols
– Guests were recognized by Secretary Rick Malley.
– Minutes of previous meeting were approved
– Report of joint meeting with DAR/SAR. There were 14 attendees from our chapter. The next joint meeting will be in February.
– District 4 Vice President Ron Wolcik stated that the Board Of Managers meeting will be next week. He also let us know that dues notices have been mailed
– President Scott informed us that “1776” is being performed by the Palace Theater. In conjunction, The Williamson Museum is asking for members in uniforms to go to local schools and present artifacts
– President Scott gave a biographical sketch of Lydia Barrington Darraugh.
– New members Kent Carlson Jr., Tristan Carlson, and Albert Mann (represented by Dwayne Mann) were inducted into the Society.
– The state society has an auxiliary membership for any female supporter of SAR.
– It was reported that Operation Ancestry Search worked with 6 personnel to start their ancestry search.
– San Gabriel Lodge will be presented with a Flag Certificate this coming Thursday.
– The treasurer reported that there are $2256.97 in our account.
– Mike Nichols spoke on behalf of the nominating committee, stating that these nominees will be presented at the November meeting: Lane Redwine – President, Frank Wickstrom – President Elect, Frank Elrod – Sargent at Arms, Rick Malley – Secretary, Darren Hutchins – Treasurer, Paul Crown – Chaplain. We are still looking for a registrar.
– After the meal, Hon. E. Wayne Bachus spoke about the United States Constitution, and presented some interesting facts about it.
– After this talk, Mr. Redwine presented our speaker with a copy of the constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
– Our recessional was led by Mr. Redwine.
– Closing prayer by Mr. Nichols