Alexander Hamilton #66
November 12, 2016
– President James Scott called the meeting to order
– President elect Lane Redwine led pledges to the flag of the United States Of America, the flag of the State Of Texas, and to the Sons Of The American Revolution.
– Opening prayer was led by compatriot Paul Crown
– Secretary Rick Malley recognized our 8 guests and 20 members
– Minutes from the previous minutes were approved, with the addition of Roger Gore as historian in the list of officer nominees.
– President Scott, past president Ray DeVries, and historian Roger Gore inducted Ken Sears and Ted Atcheson as our newest members.
– President Scott presented a biographical sketch on Dr. Joseph Warren, who was responsible for sending Dawes and Revere on their rides.
– Compatriot Darren Hutchinson told us about ordering uniforms. The company is American Heritage Clothing by Lori Beasley. (610) 562-6714. www.colonialuniforms.com
– Treasurer Bill Freeman reported that we have $1964.32 in our account
– Past president Ray DeVries reported that he and registrar Harry Walden went to FT Hood on November 8 for Operation Ancestry Search
– President Scott reminded us that 2017 dues are due.
– District 4 Vice President Ron Wolcik will be with us at our December meeting. He is working to have our state president attend.
– Mike Nichols reported that a flag presentation was made to San Gabriel Masonic Lodge.
– New Business
– Election of officers. The nominating committee presented these candidates:
Lane Redwine, President
Frank Wickstrom, President Elect
Frank Elrod, Sargent At Arms
Rick Malley, Secretary
Darren Hutchinson, Treasurer
Harry Walden, Registrar
– Having no other nominations from the floor, compatriot Ray DeVries moved to close nominations, with compatriot Will Else seconding.
– That motion carried, and the voice vote was unanimous for the nominees.
– President Elect Redwine introduced our speaker, General Charles “Chuck” Graham. Gen. Graham spoke about the planning and building of the Veteran’s Memorial Plaza in Sun City
– President elect Redwine presented Gen. Graham with a memento of his visit.
– Closing prayer was led by Paul Crown
– Recessional led by Lane Redwine