Alexander Hamilton #66
March 11, 2017
- President Lane Redwine called the meeting to order
- Sargent at Arms Frank Wickstrom led the pledges to the flags of the United States of America, the State of Texas, and the Sons Of The American Revolution
- Chaplain Paul Crown voiced the opening prayer
- Secretary Rick Malley welcomed guests and members
- President Redwine, Historian Roger Gore, and Past President and Acting Registrar Ray DeVries, inducted new members William Austin Hunt, James William Hunt, Charles Evan Hunt, John Austin Hunt, James Anderson Hunt, Joseph Paul Hartigan, Timothy Davis Terbay Jr., Tyler Charles Terbay, and Mark Edward DeVries.
- Minutes from the January 2017 meeting were approved
- President Redwine reported that the wife of compatriot Russell Fontenot has had lumbar surgery, and is at home recovering.
- Treasurer Darren Hutchinson informed us that we have $1568.65 in the coffers
- Compatriot Ray DeVries reported
Harry Walden is currently in St. David’s rehab, and is doing well, after enduring a fall and breaking some ribs
Operation Ancestry Search has been established at the VA hospital in Temple. There were 12 service members at the Feb 28 session.
A number of applications have been prepared to be sent to NSSAR
Several other applications are currently being researched
Color Guard presented the colors at the Order Of The Purple Heart reception. They will also be presenting at the Mayflower Society meeting on March 25, and need other participants if possible
- Compatriot Mike Nichols asked for each member to be on the lookout for companies or individuals who properly display the U.S. flag, so that a presentation can be made to them.
- President Redwine reported about the DAR/SAR joint meeting in February.
- President Redwine presented biographical sketches about
Thomas Holden – patriotic ancestor of compatriot Rick Malley
Jacob Hollingster Sr. – patriotic ancestor of compatriot Paul Crown
James Hyde – patriotic ancestor of compatriot Mike Nichols
- It was reported that the Texas Society Of The Sons Of The American Revolution will meet in San Antonio, March 31 – April 2, 2017
- President Redwine requested for volunteers to make presentations at various schools for their JROTC ceremonies.
- Dr. James M. Vaughn, Assistant Professor of English History at The University of Texas at Austin, presented a very interesting lecture on “The Political Climate in England During the Era of the American Revolution.” Afterwards, there was a lively question and answer session.
- Recessional was led by Sargent at Arms Frank Elrod
- Prayer led by Chaplain Paul Crown
submitted by secretary Rick Malley