SAR Americanism Elementary School Poster Contest
The SAR awards the Americanism Elementary School Poster Contest winners
to foster the education of American's Revolution.
Ronald K. "Ron" Carter
"Revolutionary War Event"
(Texas SAR entries may select any event involving Bernardo de Galvez during the Revolutionary War)
Open to all local area American History elementary students in 4th or 5th grade,
dependent on which grade year the American Revolution is taught.
Mid January to the local Chapter, please contact the Chapter Chairman as needed.
See the below Texas SAR link for more scheduling information.
- Does the poster express the annual theme?
- Does the poster show originality by the student?
- Does the poster show evidence of research?
- Does the poster show artistic merit and creativity?
- Does the poster accurately reflect the historical event?
- Is the poster neat and visually pleasing?
- The winner from each school will advance to compete at our Arlington Chapter level.
- Our Chapter 1st Place winner – $35 and will advance to compete at the Texas State Society Conference;
Chapter Runner Up – $25;
Chapter 2nd Runner Up – $15.
- The Texas State Society Conference winner will advance to compete at the National Level
(once the Permission / Release form is completed).
- The National winners will receive a Rosette Ribbon.
The first 3 place winners receive a monetary award up to $150 funded from the Americanism Trust Fund.
SAR Links To More Information
Example Past Winning Posters